If you have a huge photo collection on your iPhone, it wouldn’t be easy to find the specific one. You may prefer to access or view your iPhone photos on computer as you can see more photos on each screen. And you may also want to backup your iPhone photos to computer or external hard drive in an organized order. So this post introduces you 3 ways to view your iPhone photos on computer.
3 Ways to Access iPhone Photos on PC/Mac
1 How to Access iPhone Photos on Computer – iPhone Photo Manager
The top way recommended to access iPhone photos on computer without iTunes is through iPhone photo manager which is much easier and faster. One of the great photo managers is iMyFone TunesMate iPhone Manager which helps in accessing the iPhone photos on the computer, both PC and Mac. Its key features is to freely transfer files between iPhone and computer without using iTunes.
Try It FreeTry It Free
Features to iPhone Photos:
- Access your iPhone photos on PC without iTunes for free, including Camera Roll and Photo Stream.
- Organize, display or transfer the photos to date or list by albums (including videos in Videos album).
- Manage HEIC Photos: View, transfer or delete HEIC photos on iPhone.
- Transfer both iPhone albums and photos to computer.
- Freely access and transfer files including photos, videos, music, playlists, ringtone, podcasts, audiobooks, etc.
Simple Steps to View iPhone Photos on PC/Mac
To access, delete and take backup of the iPhone photos using the iMyFone TunesMate iOS, you just need to,
Step 1. Connect the iPhone to the PC and launch the iMyFone TunesMate.
Step 2. Click on Photos tab at the top on TunesMate and all your photos will be displayed at the right panel according to date.
- View & Backup Photo Albums: All the albums are listed at the left sidebar. Double click on it to access photos in it, or right click on it and choose “Export to PC”.
- View & Transfer Photo Stream: Just double click on the My Photo Stream at the left sidebar. To backup photos, check the photos and right click on selected photos. Choose “Export to PC”.
TunesMate iPhone Photo Manager has been reviewed by many famous media, such as getintopc.com, tricksworldzz.com, crunchytricks.com, etc.
2 How to Access iPhone Photos on Mac – Using Photos App
Or you can use the Mac default apps, Photos app to view your iPhone photos.
- Connect iPhone to Mac with Apple USB cable.
- The Photos app will pop up automatically. If not, go to “Finder > Applications” and launch it manually.
- All your photos will be shown there according to the added date.
If you want to import the photos to your Mac, just click the Import tab, select the photos and click on Import XX Selected or Import All Items button.
- You can’t access or transfer the photos according to albums.
- It does load the photos in Photo stream and the videos in camera roll.
3 How to View iPhone Photos on PC – Windows Explorer
Or you can access your iPhone photos on PC via Windows explorer. It won’t require any other software installed. But it’s not recommended because all your photos are divided into lots of folders, which makes it hard for you to find the one you need.
- Connect your iPhone to PC. Trust this PC on your iPhone if required.
- On your PC, go to “My Computer/This PC” and you will find your iPhone name under “Devices and drives”. Double click on it.
- All your photos are stored in different folders according to added time. You should open each folder to access the photos in it.
- If you want to copy them to your computer, just copy and paste them.
- All your photos are not in the same place. You need to open each folder to detect the photos.
- You can’t access or view your iPhone photos according to albums.
- You can’t access the .heic format iPhone photos on PC.
- You can’t access the photos in Photo Stream.