Learn how to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, including open, secure, hidden networks, public networks, and networks that you’ve connected with in the past.
Connect to a Wi-Fi network
- From your Home screen, go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Turn on Wi-Fi. Your device will automatically search for available Wi-Fi networks.
- Tap the name of the Wi-Fi network that you want to join.
With iOS 13 and iPadOS, you might see these network options:
- My Networks: Wi-Fi networks that you’ve connected with before.
- Public Networks: Available Wi-Fi networks that you’ve never connected with before.
After you join a network, you’ll see next to the network and in the upper-left corner of your display or the upper-right corner on an iPhone X and later.
Connect to a secure Wi-Fi network
Secure Wi-Fi networks are password-protected and have by their names.
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi, and make sure Wi-Fi is turned on.
- Tap the name of the secure Wi-Fi network you want to join.
- Enter the password for the secure Wi-Fi network, then tap Join. If you can’t tap Join, the password you’ve entered is incorrect.
After you join the network, you’ll see next to the network and in the upper-left side of your display or the upper-right corner on an iPhone X and later. If you don’t know the password to the Wi-Fi network, contact your network administrator.
Connect to a hidden Wi-Fi network
Hidden networks won’t appear in your list of available networks, so you’ll need to know the exact name of the network to join it.