Welcome to the organizational website for UW Information Technology. For information on IT tools and resources at the UW, visit IT Connect.
UW-IT is the central IT organization for the University of Washington, providing critical technology support to all three campuses, UW medical centers and global research operations. UW-IT collaborates with University partners to advance teaching, learning, innovation and discovery at the UW.
UW-IT’s responsibilities include:
- Strategic planning, oversight and direction of the University’s IT infrastructure, resources and services
- Consulting with academic, clinical and administrative units to evaluate their IT requirements, capabilities and requests
- Managing UW central IT infrastructure and services, including academic and collaborative applications, accessible technology, administrative systems and information management, classroom technology, computing infrastructure, customer service, data centers, information security and privacy, IT services and strategic sourcing, networking, technology business continuity and telecommunications
- Providing technology tools and resources for UW students, faculty and staff. Visit IT Connect for more information.
- Working with the President, Provost and appropriate governance committees to determine IT strategies, policies, priorities and resource allocations
- Representing UW’s IT interests at the state, national and international levels